Ever dream of running your own business? You’ll need a solid idea, of course. Plus, enthusiasm, energy, perseverance...and financial know-how.
In this one-of-a-kind course designed for non-business majors, Mitchell D. Weiss demonstrates how the personal is truly the foundation for the professional—how the same principles that govern personal finances apply to entrepreneurial ventures just as well.
Beginning with the personal financial management-side of the equation, Mitch guides you through the fundamentals of:
- Cash management
- Filing tax returns
- Acquiring, managing and protecting credit
- Bank loans, student and credit card loans, and auto leases
- Saving and investing strategies
- Planning for major purchases
- Evaluating personal, property and healthcare insurance products
- Overcoming financial adversity.
With that solid foundation laid, Mitch shows you how to apply these same concepts to starting and managing a new business. Topics include:
- The risks and responsibilities of ownership
- Developing and implementing sound business, strategic and operating plans and budgets
- Selecting and working with legal, accounting, and talent management firms
- Overseeing the venture’s financial management and evaluating its progress
- Safeguarding intellectual property
- Arranging financing, raising investment capital and negotiating the terms for each
- Overcoming financial adversity
- Selling or transferring ownership interests later on
The Digital Coursebook contains hundreds of links to freely-available resources, including reference material, topical articles, and financial calculators. Through numerous, real-life exercises you’ll gain hands-on practice using these calculators to manage payroll withholdings and tax payments, evaluate loans and leases, pay off credit card and other forms of debts, project future income from savings and investments, and more.
By the end of the course, Practical Finance will have helped you to attain the knowledge you need to manage your personal finances and entrepreneurial interests with confidence.
File Type Details:
PDF: format for display on a wide array of devices including: PCs, Macs, tablets, readers, and mobile devices.
ePub: for display on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Nook.
MOBI (Kindle): format for display anywhere you can get the Kindle app.
Please Note: You’ll receive an email with a link to a secure download for the book shortly after your purchase is confirmed.